Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

In an Army Informal Commanders Inquiry is it normal for the

Customer Question
BC to submit the inquiry...
In an Army Informal Commanders Inquiry is it normal for the BC to submit the inquiry to Jag for Review ? I am subject to a Commanders inquiry and have not been questioned by the investigating officer or anyone. The only reason I found out was due to Soldiers contacting me
JA: Has anything been officially filed?
Customer: I have no idea I just left company command and apparently the accusations arose 2 weeks prior to my leaving command 8 July. Im in the Army Reserves and just got back from deployment in March so our REAR D commander 1LT and her XO were conducting the preliminary. I tried to submit my transfer paperwork and asked and received a email from the BC that a commanders inquiry was conducted and that the findings were sent to brigade JAG for review
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: The Battalion Commander in which he conducted his own Commanders inquiry
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The LT that conducted the preliminary just from hear say from other soldiers stated that "she was out to get me" "that I should fry etc" I just don't know about what to expect etc as this is all new
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Military Law
8/2/2017
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 3 months ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer