Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

Mid America says our deposit vanished from their books (

Customer Question
Hi, Mid America says...

Hi, Mid America says our deposit vanished from their books ( honestly) and they do not have a deposit to give back on an apartment we just vacated. Can you help with that?

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

States, GA

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have everything in email

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Military Law
8/2/2017
Military Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 11 months ago
Loren, Attorney
Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.
I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.
Be aware, however, this is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.
The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. The offer is not from me. There is no obligation for you to accept the phone call offer, unless you want. While I am happy to speak to you, if you wish, I am also happy to continue online. So, there is no pressure to spend extra money.
Did you receive a receipt? A cancelled check? Does the lease indicate they received a deposit?