How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 14504
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm retired my ex spouse is receiving some of my retirement

Customer Question

I'm retired my ex spouse is receiving some of my retirement pay. Court order but ,I want to go back to court to see if it can be reduced she gets 900 out of 1200 dollar because at the time. She was waiting on her disability to kick. We got the divorce in 2010. I think she is working now. And lives with someone else. I can prove that she had a affair on me
JA: Is this a criminal or civil case?
Customer: I think it is civilly case ask about take her back to court to lower my alimony payment.
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: Stateside in Va
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just step to see if I have a case to lower the support. She had a child when we was married. I did
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Are you asking if you can reduce the division of your retirement as property after the divorce is final?