Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I'm retired my ex spouse is receiving some of my retirement…

Customer Question
I'm retired my ex...

I'm retired my ex spouse is receiving some of my retirement pay. Court order but ,I want to go back to court to see if it can be reduced she gets 900 out of 1200 dollar because at the time. She was waiting on her disability to kick. We got the divorce in 2010. I think she is working now. And lives with someone else. I can prove that she had a affair on me

Lawyer's Assistant: Is this a criminal or civil case?

I think it is civilly case ask about take her back to court to lower my alimony payment.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

Stateside in Va

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just step to see if I have a case to lower the support. She had a child when we was married. I did

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Military Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/1/2017
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 11 months ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Are you asking if you can reduce the division of your retirement as property after the divorce is final?