Military Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified military lawyer who will answer your question

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

More related answers
All military lawyers are VERIFIED
Is military retired pay an accrued benefit? If so, then is
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Is military retired pay an accrued benefit? If so, then is the denominator in an coverture fraction the years the benefit was accrued or the total years in the military regardless of change from reser… read more
I was married from 81-92, on active duty 81-89 (RA), 89-92
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
I was married from 81-92, on active duty 81-89 (RA), 89-92 (AGR) 92-05 (AR) 05-14 (AGR) we divorced in 1992 and remarried in 1994, divorced in july 2012. My divorce was completed by a civilian attorne… read more
The marrriage settlement agreement say the following reguarding
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
The marrriage settlement agreement say the following reguarding my ex-wife right to my retirement. The community interest in Husband's military retirement benefits will be awarded one half to each par… read more
how can I get the number of reserve points and credible service
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
how can I get the number of reserve points and credible service information about my former spouse so I can get a clarifying ODRO for my portion of the retirement pay… read more
My exs attorney failed to mention anything about my military
Lawrence D. Gorin
Lawrence D. Gorin, Attorney at Law
My ex's attorney failed to mention anything about my military pension in the QDRO, however he did mention it in the decree. When I applied for my military pension, DFAS only wanted to see the QDRO. Ov… read more
What is involved with creditable service towards the 10/10 retirement rule and does this a
Lawrence D. Gorin
Lawrence D. Gorin, Attorney at Law
What is involved with creditable service towards the 10/10 retirement rule and does this also apply to the 20/20/20 Rule?… read more
I was married to my ex husband for 7 1/2 years. He was in
Lawrence D. Gorin
Lawrence D. Gorin, Attorney at Law
I was married to my ex husband for 7 1/2 years. He was in the Army full time for almost 5 of those 7 1/2 years. Since our divorce he has been active duty Army National Guard the majority of which as a… read more
Hi, my question regards whether my X-wife is entitled to a
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Hi, my question regards XXXXX XXXXX X-wife is entitled to a share of my military retirement even though she has remarried to a active duty Air Force officer. The divorce decree states "It is further o… read more
I am currently serving on active duty and at this point can
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
I am currently serving on active duty and at this point can stay and retire at the age of 62 and that will give me almost 22 years federal active service. I've been married for 20 years and now my wif… read more
DFAS is over garnishing my retirement pay (O-5 with 22 years,
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
DFAS is over garnishing my retirement pay (O-5 with 22 years, 7 months or 271 months). "Commencing on the date of Husband's military retirement, as a division of marital property, Husband shall pay Wi… read more
10 years after my divorce degree is final my former spouse
Lawrence D. Gorin
Lawrence D. Gorin, Attorney at Law
10 years after my divorce degree is final my former spouse has retained a ‘military pension consultant'. That consultant points out my attorneys incorrectly used an active duty formula award expressed… read more
Help! I have been trying for almost 4 years to secure my portion
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Help! I have been trying for almost 4 years to secure my portion of my ex husband's military retirement pay. We were married for 18 years however my protion of his pay was based on the time he filed f… read more
I am getting divorced from my spouse of 18 years. She is getting
Lawrence D. Gorin
Lawrence D. Gorin, Attorney at Law
I am getting divorced from my spouse of 18 years. She is getting 1500 in child support, 800 in alimony for the next 4 years. Additionally the judge is allowing the final judgement to be held in abeyan… read more
Hi, I have been retired from active duty since 2006, after
Lawrence D. Gorin
Lawrence D. Gorin, Attorney at Law
Hi, I have been retired from active duty since 2006, after serving 21.5 years in the US Army; I retired as a Sergeant First Class (E7). I have been married for 11 years to an US Air Force Reservist wh… read more
Getting a divorce would like to know what the dollar amount
Lawrence D. Gorin
Lawrence D. Gorin, Attorney at Law
Getting a divorce would like to know what the dollar amount my spouse would get at my retirement? I need a working number to take to court, not officially of course just a working number to assist me … read more
Hi I retired in 2000 with 20 years in the AF. I was married
Lawrence D. Gorin
Lawrence D. Gorin, Attorney at Law
Hi I retired in 2000 with 20 years in the AF. I was married in 1991 and date of separation is 2003. How much of my military retirement should the court award… read more
i got divorced in california. i had 4 years of service before
Lawrence D. Gorin
Lawrence D. Gorin, Attorney at Law
i got divorced in california. i had 4 years of service before i got married and 9years and 8 months while married. i completed my 20 years 6 months ago. the court said my ex wife gets 50% if my retire… read more
I WAS MARRIED IN MAY 1991 AND DIVORCED IN APRIL 2001 MY LAWYER
Lawrence D. Gorin
Lawrence D. Gorin, Attorney at Law
I WAS MARRIED IN MAY 1991 AND DIVORCED IN APRIL 2001 MY LAWYER SAID I COULD GET 25% OF FORMER SPOUSE RETIREMENT, HOWEVER THE DIVORCE DECREE STATED ALL OTHER ISSUES SET ASIDE FOR A LATER DATE DUE TO SP… read more