Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I'm currently dual military but separated from my wife

Customer Question
I'm currently dual military...

I'm currently dual military but separated from my wife overseas. My wife just recently had a baby 4 months ago and has been suffering from postpartum depression. She has finally made it to the point where she does not want custody of my son anymore and wants to send him overseas to live with me. My question is do i qualify for chapter under the family care plan? She has no interest in moving to germany with me so i can care for her because she is a few months from ets'ing and pursuing a degree in nursing and nursing programs aren't available for her in germany.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

I am stationed over seas

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

I have not

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Ive tried relocating with an compassionate reassignment and curtailment but my job isnt availble in the states so i would like to chapter to be able to help my wife

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Military Law
8/1/2017
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 1 year ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Are you asking if you can request release for this?