How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 14515
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm currently dual military but separated from my wife

Customer Question

I'm currently dual military but separated from my wife overseas. My wife just recently had a baby 4 months ago and has been suffering from postpartum depression. She has finally made it to the point where she does not want custody of my son anymore and wants to send him overseas to live with me. My question is do i qualify for chapter under the family care plan? She has no interest in moving to germany with me so i can care for her because she is a few months from ets'ing and pursuing a degree in nursing and nursing programs aren't available for her in germany.
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: I am stationed over seas
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: I have not
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Ive tried relocating with an compassionate reassignment and curtailment but my job isnt availble in the states so i would like to chapter to be able to help my wife
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Are you asking if you can request release for this?