Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

I was raped by an MP who told me if I reported it, they

Customer Question
I was raped by...

I was raped by an MP who told me if I reported it, they would take his word over mine. He had ripped my panties off and I had to walk by the MP barracks every day to get to my job. Him and two of his buddies would cause me much distress when I went by and wave my panties at me.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

I am 79 yrs old and would like to be able to get into the Vetrans home here in

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

Ogden,Utah

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No but I did try ro go into a different branch of service,

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Military Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/31/2017
Military Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 6 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am sorry, but what is your question for us, since all of this happened so long ago that it is likely not going to be able to be prosecuted, even if there is no statute of limitations for criminal prosecution on rape?

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer