Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I was wondering what should I do in the situation of

Customer Question
I was wondering what...

I was wondering what should I do in the situation of receiving an article 15 doing my punishment and now being recommended for separation. All because I lied to an NCO, got into a POV, and since I got into a POV also get charged with fraternization.

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the underlying accusations? Was an Article 15 ruling made?

Lying to an NCO, getting into a POV, and since I got into a POV also got fraternization with the navy.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

Stateside

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that's all

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Military Law
7/29/2017
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 8 months ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question.

What should I do in my situation? The commander gave me an article 15, I did my extra duty. Now she's recommending me for separation but didn't go through my National guard liaison.

Ok....are you under the impression the commander must go through some liaison before commencing a chapter for misconduct?

that's what my liaison told me

Hmm...I fear your liaison is confused.

Can you speak on the phone? This would allow me to address your concerns directly. There is a nominal additional charge. I do not time my phone calls...we can converse until you receive the information you need.

If you are unwilling to speak on the phone I will opt out of this question and allow others to assist, if they are willing.

that's fine

Great. I sent the offer...once you accept it (click on the button) I can provide my #

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer