Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

Is going AWOL from AIT a dishonorable discharge, and is

Customer Question
Is going AWOL from...

Is going AWOL from AIT a dishonorable discharge, and is there jail time involved

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

Yes I have, I got moved to a different company

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was split ops and have been in for over a year

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Military Law
7/28/2017
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 6 months ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

This depends...it depends on how it resolves. Are you asking for yourself? Are you contemplating AWOL to end your contract?

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer