How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 14504
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a question that concerns a troop of mine. They

Customer Question

I have a question that concerns a troop of mine. They committed a felony prior to enlistment, but was not charged until they were in for a year. They pled out to the charge last month. Is there any way to avoid an administrative separation in this case?
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: stateside
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: Im retired right now, so my communication with the current chain of command is non existent. Im just trying to help one of my troops
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that about covers it
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 3 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 3 months ago.

This really depends...on several factors. A felony conviction typically involves some punishment (like jail time, or reporting probation)...did the soldier receive such punishment?