Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

My son was accepted into the Air Force with a screw in his

knee, He went to basic...
My son was accepted into the Air Force with a screw in his knee, He went to basic and now they are wanting to send him home. His recruiter told his mother that the Air Force was responsible for fixing any issue with his knee and keeping him. My son called today, very depressed and told us that he was going to see the doctor this coming Friday and will want him to sign some paperwork, Is there any way a Jag Lawyer can go over any documents with my son before he signs them?
JA: Has anything been officially filed?
Customer: We have no idea
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: no, we do not know who his chain of command is
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I can think of at the moment
7/9/2017
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Thank you for the information and your question. Your son has the right to speak to a JAG Officer after he receives administrative separation paperwork and before he signs it. He just needs to ask to speak to a JAG when he receives the paperwork and not sign a waiver of his right to do so.

Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed. If none needed, then if you could let me know that I covered in your question and also leave a positive rating in the ratings box on this page, then the Site will give me credit for assisting you today. Thank you

Marsha411JD, Lawyer
We won't get to talk to him again until Tuesday, Hopefully he has not signed any paperwork yet. We will let him know when we talk to him again. Thank you for your assistance.

You're very welcome. If he does receive his paperwork before then, hopefully he reads it as it will tell him exactly what his rights are, including speaking to a JAG.

Marsha411JD, Lawyer