Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

Friend of mine left boot camp about 40 years from army

Customer Question
reserve, how can I any...
Friend of mine left boot camp about 40 years from army reserve, how can I any arrest or warrants on him
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: Stateside
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: 40yrs ago?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Military Law
See any arrest or warrant records?
6/17/2017
Military Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 5 months ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The only way to find this information is he needs to have a criminal background check run on himself using a background check company or by going to the local police department to get one done. If he has had prior criminal record checks done on him in the last 40 years then he would not have a warrant. He would have known by now if he had a warrant as he would have received notice or they would have arrested him if he had other background checks done. If he never has had one done, the only way to check is getting one done. It is rare however that they will get an arrest warrant for this and let it sit for 40 years, but one never knows. If they got the warrant it would have been entered into the local and national law enforcement database and it will show up on a civilian criminal record check. The Army will not disclose that information, but he can also request his discharge records from the Army records center from that long ago at (copy and paste address, do not click on link): https://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney