Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney and former Navy JAG serving ashore, afloat and at the OJAG
19127644

Marsha, I thank you very much for your response, that

Customer Question

Marsha, I thank you very much for your response, that response alone receives a five star rating from me. I have one more question for you, I know with an Other Than Honorable discharge I will lose my GI Bill benefit, something I've paid $1000 to obtain while serving, am I able to keep my GI Bill with a General Discharge?
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 4 months ago.

Hello again and I apologize for the delay in getting back to you but I was out of my office for a bit. No, unfortunately, a General under Honorable Conditions is not sufficient to qualify for your post 9/11 GI Bill. You would have to have an Honorable Discharge. If you have been in long enough to have previously received an Honorable Discharge after completing a full enlistment, that discharge could be used instead of the current one.

I hope this answers your question.