How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marsha411JD Your Own Question
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 20395
Experience:  Licensed attorney and former Navy JAG serving ashore, afloat and at the OJAG
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
Marsha411JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Marsha, I thank you very much for your response, that

Customer Question

Marsha, I thank you very much for your response, that response alone receives a five star rating from me. I have one more question for you, I know with an Other Than Honorable discharge I will lose my GI Bill benefit, something I've paid $1000 to obtain while serving, am I able to keep my GI Bill with a General Discharge?
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 4 months ago.

Hello again and I apologize for the delay in getting back to you but I was out of my office for a bit. No, unfortunately, a General under Honorable Conditions is not sufficient to qualify for your post 9/11 GI Bill. You would have to have an Honorable Discharge. If you have been in long enough to have previously received an Honorable Discharge after completing a full enlistment, that discharge could be used instead of the current one.

I hope this answers your question.