Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

My OIC is under investigation for, among other things, toxic

Customer Question
leadership. Myself and the...
My OIC is under investigation for, among other things, toxic leadership. Myself and the rest of my team have all made statements against her. My question is, can she be kept as my rater? The investigation is completed, waiting on decision from the CG.
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: Overseas
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Military Law
6/15/2017
Military Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Michael Bradley

For the time being she will be your rater until the decision is made from the CG

Although I do not think that she will be asked to rate you since she is under an active investigation.

Everything will be held until the investigation is over

Do you have something coming up soon?

We are 30 days from redeployment and I will need an NCOER at that time. It looks like she will be held here for longer than we are due to the investigation. So are you saying that my NCOER will be held until a decision is made?

no. someone will have to do the NCOER and I am sure you do not want her to do it. I would contact the investigator and advise then that you are 30 days out. Hopefully they can help you get someone who will give you an honest one.

otherwise I would insist that yours get reviewed by someone else before submitted to protect you

Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley, Lawyer