Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I am currently in the Air Force reserves, prior to that I…

Customer Question
I am currently in the...
I am currently in the Air Force reserves, prior to that I was in the Marine Corps for 8 years. While in the Marine Corps I injured my neck, and was treated for said injury. While retraining in the Air Force I aggravated my previous injury and sustained new ones to the same area. The Air Force is saying my new injuries are not sufficient enough to warrant MEDCON orders, and my prior injuries don't count and cannot be taken into consideration. Any advice.
Kyle Schaeffer
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Military Law
Answered in 1 day by:
6/14/2017
Military Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Michael Bradley

When you were treated as a Marine, was the injury completely healed?
Is this something that you had to deal with in the time since it occurred? Has the Air Force given you a specific reason as to why they feel that the injury does not warrant MEDCON orders?

Mr. Bradley
The injury from the Marine Corps turned into a recurring injury that I have had to deal with at various times. They feel my acute injuries that I sustained at their tech school do not warrant MEDCON orders and that my other injuries are chronic and thus not covered, even though they were aggravated at their school. I read the AFI regarding MEDCON orders and LOD's and it states that any injury incurred or aggravated found to be in LOD has to be treated with the member on orders.
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer