Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

Forgive for my question not having to do with military law.

Customer Question
Please forgive for my...

Please forgive for my question not having to do with military law. I am trying to find out who is the Army Procurement Officer or Buyer. Phelps Composite Towers provides 110' & 150' Aerial Platform Firetrucks. I am hoping you might know the answer. Thank you for your help.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

Stateside

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

I am not sure who I would talk to in the chain of command

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, just my request

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Military Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/6/2017
Military Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Thank you for the information and your question. There are literally thousands of procurement officers in the Army. However, if you want to do business with a DOD entity, the process is not as direct as contacting one of those officers. It can be quite onerous and there are courses and guidebooks for those who want to do business with DOD, including the Army. A good place to start is by reading the guidance at the following link, which provides some links itself for using and understanding the procurement process. This is the link: http://www.acq.osd.mil/dpap/cpic/cp/docs/Doing_Business_with_DoD_(16Nov16).pdf

The head of the Small Business Program at the Army Materiel Command, which oversees many subordinate Commands, including contracting though can be contacted via the contact information at the following link. That link also contains information about each geographic Army Small Business Office, that should be useful to you. This is the link: http://www.directionsmag.com/images/GEO_Huntsville/GEOINTWorkshop/AMC-Small.pdf

Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed. If none is needed, then if you could let me know I covered your question and also take a moment to leave a positive rating in the ratings box on this page of my efforts to assist you, then the Site will give me credit for doing so today. Thank you

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 6th. For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies, or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit (paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither.

Please keep in mind that I cannot control the law or your circumstances, and am ethically bound to provide you with accurate information based on the facts you give me, even if the news is not good. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating,please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator. Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue,if needed. You can bookmark my page at: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-marsha411jd/

Thank you.

Marsha411JD, Lawyer