How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Allen M., Esq. Your Own Question
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 19203
Experience:  Lawyer and current JAG officer.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
Allen M., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm currently in the middle of a MED board for severe PTSD.

Customer Question

I'm currently in the middle of a MED board for severe PTSD. A couple years ago when I was going threw a nasty divorce I would constantly confine
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: *confide
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: No ma'am
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would confide in my female friend who was also going through a divorce. So to make a long story short we had an affair and it is all coming to light now. What can I expect to happen to me?
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

That is very difficult to say, because it will depend on what your commander chooses to do. Commanders have a wide range of options available to them when considering military discipline and they are not painted into a corner. Your commander could do nothing, a completely legal outcome. Your commander could go all the way to court martial, another completely legal outcome.

The rights you have and actions you have to take will depend entirely on what your command chooses to do. I would invoke your right to silence at this point, if you are questioned. Speak with defense counsel and only cooperate to the extent recommended and coordinated by that attorney.

The most common resolutions though are non-judicial punishment/admin sep at the high end and counseling at the low end.

If you have any further questions or other facts that you would like me to consider, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a three, a four or preferably a five star rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Please rate me based on my service and not on your satisfaction with the law, which I am not in control of and I am just reporting to you. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required after the response I previously provided to you. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.