P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

My husband retired in November 2016 from Army Reserves. He

Customer Question

My husband retired in November 2016 from Army Reserves. He also served in the Navy. He turned 60 on November 29, 2016. The command listed his paperwork as retired reserves which we were told was incorrect when we went to get new ID cards. They said it would have to be straightened out at Fort Knox and he is not allowed to call anyone to inquire. In the mean time has has had no Tricare insurance and we have not received his pension. Not sure what to to at this point.
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: He has. They are not helping in any way. It is now May...
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. We're just not sure how to proceed.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 4 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Can you speak on the phone? This would allow me to address your concerns directly. There is a nominal ($5) additional charge. I do not time my phone calls...we can converse until you receive the information you need.

If you are unwilling to speak on the phone I will opt out of this question and allow others to assist, if they are willing.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The website will likely send you an offer for a phone call for $59. PLEASE do not accept that or you will be charged $59 additional instead of $5 additional. You must first decline the offer for $59 before I am allowed to send you the $5 offer.

I am a user of this website, just like you and have no control over their billing.

Let me know if you have questions.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I will decline.

Sorry...you want to speak on the phone or no?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No thank you.