Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I have never taking a street drug on my life. I was clear

Customer Question

I have never taking a street drug on my life. I was clear for all my positive but one. CID said, the only way I could have tested positive for methamphetamine was through illegal street use. And I know for a fact that I haven't. I take phentermine and adderall. So my question is illegal usage the only way?
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: State
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: Kansas
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yea
Category: Military Law
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

CID is mistaken.

Anyone taking adderall will test positive for amphetamine, see

https://www.drugs.com/answers/adderall-adderal-show-positive-ua-methamphetamine-1206120.html​

The Mayo Clinic agrees with that: http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/test-catalog/Clinical+and+Interpretive/8257

and I consider both of the links I posted to come from reliable web sites.

I hope this information is helpful.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What about the methamphetamine? I am taking phentermine. I was told the only way to have that in my system is from a street drug. I have never taking any illegal substance in my life. All I have every been expose to was ADHD meds.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I AM A DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR as you opted out your previous contributor.

Methamphetamine and amphetamine can both be false positives from the use of ADHD medications such as adderall. Phentermine can also cause a false positive for both amphetamine and methamphetamine, so CID is wrong and you need to go to JAG and fight the result as a false positive result. See: https://www.practicalpainmanagement.com/treatments/pharmacological/non-opioids/methamphetamine-urine-toxicology-depth-review

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank u for the info. Is this the same as to what you spoke of or different D- Amp ( Dextroamphetamine ) and D meth (Dextromethamphetamines).

Thank you for your reply.

No, those all can cause false positives for methamphetamine. They all have similar structural compounds.