P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I was separated from the military with a general under

Customer Question

i was separated from the military with a general under honorable conditions. I recently got a package in the mail stating that my CAC eligibility is under review and I have 20 days to respond with a rebuttal for what I did in the military.im going to right the rebuttal. but I've been working at my contracting job now for a year and a half. I guess my question is what are my chances of keeping my CAC eligibility
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: stateside
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: yes my OIC and NCOIC. they didn't know about it. the package came from Virginia
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 5 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question.

Can you speak on the phone? This would allow me to address your concerns directly. There is a nominal ($5) additional charge. I do not time my phone calls...we can converse until you receive the information you need.

If you are unwilling to speak on the phone I will opt out of this question and allow others to assist, if they are willing.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The website will likely send you an offer for a phone call for $59. PLEASE do not accept that or you will be charged $59 additional instead of $5 additional. You must first decline the offer for $59 before I am allowed to send you the $5 offer.

I am a user of this website, just like you and have no control over their billing.

Let me know if you have questions.