P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

Well, this is a little different. I'm being accused of

Customer Question

Well , this is a little different. I'm being accused of timecard fraud
JA: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Maryland
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: I have and they didn't believe me. The company didn't support me and I was left to defend myself. I didn't have all the resources to do my job
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: They said I knowingly and willingly did it. I told them all the limitations I had with this job.
Category: Military Law
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I was going back and forth out turnstiles to do research from my phone because I didn't have all the equipment to do my job. But I would also go back and forward to my company because the CoR could Get in touch with my company. I charge the time because I though I was doing right and they say I was wrong
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 5 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Philip,
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 5 months ago.

I am a different Legal Expert and will try to assist you as I am not sure why your prior Expert opted out of your question. However, in order to assist you I need clarification of your facts and what your legal question is.

First, who is accusing you of time card fraud? Is this your employer or are they a contract customer of yours? Please be more clear about why they would allege time card fraud? Were you not at your workplace when you said you were or were you working for someone else when you said you were working for them? What action is pending against you?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The government is accusing me of time card. So it's the customer. I'm a contractor.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I wasn't at my workplace area. I was actually going back and forth to my car to look up things for my job. Sometimes I would have to leave and go over to my company, but only because the government kept saying they couldn't get in touch with them and I also had to fill out my time sheet, due to lack of resources from both parties, but I getting blamed for it.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm getting blame. I tried hard to explain to the OIG that it wasn't intentional and that I had proper reason, but they didn't believe me. So they said that I knowingly took time from the government which cause a violation with my company

Alright, thank you, ***** ***** is your legal question and what exactly are they proposing to do in your case?