P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

My husband was in the marines..went to Vietnam..he was

Customer Question

My husband was in the marines..went to Vietnam..he was 18..we had a son..he passed away in 2015..says on death certificate one of the reasons he passed away was Agent Orange they told me that because his discharge was other than..I'm not entitled to any money..I need help on this
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: I live in las vegas now..my son lives here..he passed away in Colorado
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: I tried and they said because of his discharge ..there was a reason..he didn't want to go back to Vietnam..he was a only son also..that war is the reason he died at 65
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have all his papers from military and how alful his death was..I cared for him at home..
Category: Military Law
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can. Not afford the 40$..I'm living on Social security..sorry if I wasted your time
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 4 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Can you speak on the phone? This would allow me to address your concerns directly. There is a nominal ($5) additional charge (so total cost would be $45). I do not time my phone calls...we can converse until you receive the information you need.

If you are unwilling to speak on the phone I will opt out of this question and allow others to assist, if they are willing.