How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 14504
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was in the Air force Active for 9 years, then Army reserve

Customer Question

I was in the Air force Active for 9 years, then Army reserve for 5.5 years, they shut down and went into the the navy reserves for 6 years
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: states side I am trying to file for retirement but some of the army paperwork is lost and the navy paper work is incomplete. I have sent for records but not all the paperwork is there, My promotions are missing and other paper work non exsistant
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: no I have been out since 1992
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 5 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 5 months ago.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I want to file for retirement but do not seem to be able to get all records. I have 21 years total, but having problems getting all documents from from the Army reserves and the Navy reserves
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 5 months ago.

Thank what is your specific question?

Can you speak on the phone? This would allow me to address your concerns directly. There is a nominal ($5) additional charge. I do not time my phone calls...we can converse until you receive the information you need.

If you are unwilling to speak on the phone I will opt out of this question and allow others to assist, if they are willing.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The website will likely send you an offer for a phone call for $59. PLEASE do not accept that or you will be charged $59 additional instead of $5 additional. You must first decline the offer for $59 before I am allowed to send you the $5 offer.

I am a user of this website, just like you and have no control over their billing.

Let me know if you have questions.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no just give me you best answer
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 5 months ago.

To what question??

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 5 months ago.

No worries...not willing to speak on the phone...I will opt out and let someone else assist you...I wish you the best!