P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I was in the Air force Active for 9 years, then Army reserve

Customer Question

I was in the Air force Active for 9 years, then Army reserve for 5.5 years, they shut down and went into the the navy reserves for 6 years
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: states side I am trying to file for retirement but some of the army paperwork is lost and the navy paper work is incomplete. I have sent for records but not all the paperwork is there, My promotions are missing and other paper work non exsistant
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: no I have been out since 1992
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 5 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I want to file for retirement but do not seem to be able to get all records. I have 21 years total, but having problems getting all documents from from the Army reserves and the Navy reserves

Thank you...so what is your specific question?

Can you speak on the phone? This would allow me to address your concerns directly. There is a nominal ($5) additional charge. I do not time my phone calls...we can converse until you receive the information you need.

If you are unwilling to speak on the phone I will opt out of this question and allow others to assist, if they are willing.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The website will likely send you an offer for a phone call for $59. PLEASE do not accept that or you will be charged $59 additional instead of $5 additional. You must first decline the offer for $59 before I am allowed to send you the $5 offer.

I am a user of this website, just like you and have no control over their billing.

Let me know if you have questions.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no just give me you best answer

To what question??

No worries...not willing to speak on the phone...I will opt out and let someone else assist you...I wish you the best!