P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

How can I recoup my separation pay that the va took from me

Customer Question

how can I recoup my separation pay that the va took from me to get my dissability
JA: PayPal, Debitcard or credit card are all fine.
Customer: that's not what I asked
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: I am out of the military and have been for a couple of years, but they took my separation pay to pay for my disability
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have areas that the VA said is not service connected, but I received these injures while in the military. How do I get those looked at and applied to my case
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 5 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. You say

I have areas that the VA said is not service connected, but I received these injures while in the military. How do I get those looked at and applied to my case

What does that mean?

Can you speak on the phone? This would allow me to address your concerns directly. There is a nominal ($5) additional charge. I do not time my phone calls...we can converse until you receive the information you need.

If you are unwilling to speak on the phone I will opt out of this question and allow others to assist, if they are willing.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The website will likely send you an offer for a phone call for $59. PLEASE do not accept that or you will be charged $59 additional instead of $5 additional. You must first decline the offer for $59 before I am allowed to send you the $5 offer.

I am a user of this website, just like you and have no control over their billing.

Let me know if you have questions.