P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I'm in training support center Great Lakes right now, I'm a

Customer Question

I'm in training support center Great Lakes right now, I'm a month away from finishing my a school and transferring to my new duty station, but I violated TSC liberty policy, I was late an hour past curfew, what is the best thing I can do and what can I expect?
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 4 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

What you are describing, the best thing you can do is "fall on your sword"...meaning, you broke the rules. If you own up to it (admit your guilt/apologize) you stand the best chance of convincing the commander to allow you to continue on with your career.

A one time mistake like this is unlikely to end your career...I would apologize, explain what you have learned from this and why it will not happen again, and request your command allow you to transfer on.

I suspect they may take you to NJP (mast) for punishment...but I doubt they separate you over this

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Hi
Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer.

Do you have more questions regarding this?

Thanks for your understanding
Phil