Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I am a landlord and a soldier graduated boot camp in army on…

Customer Question
I am a landlord...

I am a landlord and a soldier graduated boot camp in army on the 21st, he ows me 5175 that wasn't paid whike he was gone, and his wife nd kids are still living in my rental without paying utilities or rent it comes out of my pocket and has been since Nov1 2016 he just graduated I need to get up with his commanding officer for help

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Nc

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

No I've tried and no one can tell me who to talk to said they don't have that info

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have served a notice to quit and eviction is next step i just need to find him, not sure he knows all of this

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Military Law
4/24/2017
Military Lawyer: PaulmoJD, Attorney replied 1 year ago
PaulmoJD
PaulmoJD, Attorney
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Legally, his command will not get involved in a civil matter. The commander may talk to him about it, but they cannot legally involve themselves in a civil matter. They must tell you that you have to file suit against him and his spouse in civil court to recover the money due and get the eviction.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.