Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I was honorably discharged from the Army in July 2016 with a…

My name is***** was honorably...
My name is***** was honorably discharged from the Army in July 2016 with a chapter 13. I was investigated for larceny by CID and they said it was founded and handed it over to my commander for action where he gave me a field grade Article 15. I was never convicted of a crime. I recently tried to purchase a firearm and was denied because of a NICS check which said I had an FBI arrest. Also I am trying to become an EMT and I can't with a FBI record.
4/21/2017
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

An arrest for theft is not a basis to deny firearms purchase.
Period.

But I am not sure I understand your specific question.

Can you speak on the phone? This would allow me to address your concerns directly. There is a nominal ($5) additional charge. I do not time my phone calls...we can converse until you receive the information you need.

If you are unwilling to speak on the phone I will opt out of this question and allow others to assist, if they are willing.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The website will likely send you an offer for a phone call for $59. PLEASE do not accept that or you will be charged $59 additional instead of $5 additional. You must first decline the offer for $59 before I am allowed to send you the $5 offer.

I am a user of this website, just like you and have no control over their billing.

Let me know if you have questions.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am willing to talk on the phone.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok I have declined the $59 offer.

great...there may be an "offer" on your screen for a phone call for $59...if you close or decline that, I can send you the offer for $5....

Great...give it a few mins to propagate

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It still says $59.

It should show up now...it takes a few mins

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Thank you for using the phone option. Please give a call (or let me know if you can not see my #)