Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
97407003

I need a letter of rebuttal for a gomor, hawaii, yes, i want

Customer Question

I need a letter of rebuttal for a gomor
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: hawaii
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i want the gomor but in my local file
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am an attorney with Juts Answer. It is great to meet you and I hope to provide you with quality service.

Ok, I can see what you're looking for. Having a rebuttal in this case could potentially save your military career. A good rebuttal is a great place to start.

Because I don't practice on Hawai'i, I can provide you an exact copy of a letter of rebuttal. However, I can make it super easy for you to fill one out yourself.

When putting your thoughts together, remember that you are sending something to the officer directly and you're appealing to a human being, even if they are a military officer. You want to try to set the tone for the message that you're sending. You can do this just by clearly setting out the facts in a way that would help a reasonable person come to a conclusion that you should not receive a reprimand.

I have a great template that you could use in order to get started. If you try this out, in just a few minutes you could be sitting pretty:

1. In accordance with Navy/Army/Air Force, etc. Regulation XXXX, I respectfully ***** ***** be given to my statement below and that the the Administrative Reprimand be filed at the local level and not in my Official Military Personnel File.

2. Explain what happened in an objective manner

3. Offer any mitigating circumstances to explain your actions. What explains your actions if any?

4. What, if any, corrective actions have you taken. Eg.: You went to a class for DUI or counseling.

5. Why would or should you receive a local filing? What are family circumstances, past military accomplishments (deployments) and what things can you still offer the military? (Explain your past history) (i.e. I am a Sergeant First Class in the United States Army soon to be promoted to Master Sergeant. I’ve been in service for XX years. I’ve been mobilized three times and deployed once. In all of those years, I have never had a misconduct incident, in or outside of the U.S. Army. I take great pride in my military achievements and always sought to train, lead and care for my soldiers. I have a long list of Service and Achievement awards, outstanding evaluations, and letters of support in a separate binder to assist you with your decision on whether I can continue to add value as a Non Commissioned Officer. Withdrawal or MPRJ filing would demonstrate your belief that this was an isolated incident and not indicative of my overall character and potential.)

6. Apologize: (Apologize for actions) I accept blame for my actions on ________, and I regret that I ___________. I am grateful and appreciate the support of my professional counselors and my chain of command, especially my Commander, ________. I have learned a great deal from this entire process, and I hope I can help other Soldiers recognize stressful situations and that there is no weakness in seeking advice and help before you reach a crisis point. (Second chance to apologize after paragraph

In conclusion, I respectfully ***** ***** the administrative reprimand be filed in my local file and not in my Official Military Personnel File. 8. Thank you for your consideration of my response. The point of contact for this memorandum is the undersigned, and I can be reached at***@******.***