Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Licensed attorney in private practice.
7286322

If me and mu spouse is separating and I have no one to take

Customer Question

if me and mu spouse is separating and I have no one to take care of my children do I qualify for a hardshiip
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: stateside
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Ely replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The answer is yes, although whether or not it is ultimately approved is up to the military. See HERE. You'd have to prove "genuine dependency or undue hardship," which is on a case by case basis.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of THREE OR MORE STARS and then click FINISH to submit that rating, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating (it does not cost anything extra to rate).