How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask NYCLAWYER Your Own Question
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 57747
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
NYCLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need guidence on my rights. My husband who is active duty

Customer Question

I need guidence on my rights. My husband who is active duty has switched his direct depomit to where I have no access
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: Stateside
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: He says he wants a divorce. We have 2 foster children. He refuses to leave the home. We are at a hotel right now because he threatened my life 5 times in the last 2 days.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No i do not have anyone in the chairs contact info Chains
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  NYCLAWYER replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Expert:  NYCLAWYER replied 9 months ago.

If has threatened you, contact the police which can then coordinate with his chain of command. On divorce, you should retain private counsel to reprresent you. Often the court will direct him to pay your legal fees and the court will decide issues that cannot be resolved as to custody, support and division of assets. Is that clear and would you like a directory for finding counsel?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm a military spouse with 2 foster children with my actacted duty husband. 2 days ago he verbally threatened my life multiple times and yesterday he changed where his direct deposit would be sent so I do not have access to it. He refuses to leave our home. Legally our foster children have to stay in that home because it is state apprvoed foster home for them. I fear for my safety and thiers.
Expert:  NYCLAWYER replied 9 months ago.
You should contact the authorities and secure a restraining order.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific and are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if that is acceptable and feel free to reply back and follow up
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank u. I have contacted his command and am awaiting thier return call
Expert:  NYCLAWYER replied 9 months ago.
Very welcome.Kindly rate me five stars.
Expert:  NYCLAWYER replied 9 months ago.
Leaving a bonus after rating is very much appreciated.