P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I had a question about how Captain's Mast's are notated in

Customer Question

I had a question about how Captain's Mast's are notated in one's record and if there is any way of having it removed?
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: Stateside. I'm currently a civilian, but I was in the Navy from 2005-2010.
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: I don't have a chain of command: I'm not in the military. I'm not sure what you mean.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Sure: the Captain's Mast was for showing up late and "Missing Ship's Movement". However, I immediately checked into my parent command onshore and was fully accounted for the whole time.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Can you tell me a bit more about this...are you saying you were not UA...that the Mast was in error?