How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 14376
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

While on active duty stationed at Ft Bragg N.C.I suffered a

Customer Question

While on active duty stationed at Ft Bragg N.C.I suffered a stroke Sept.1984, A month later I was releast from the hospital back to active duty, I was a motor sgt. my rank was SSG/E-6. about a year later I went AWOL, A month a later I turned myself in. End result I have a felnoy on my record. Can you or can you point me in the right direction on getting that removed from my record . Rodney B. Lee, e-mail***@******.***. Thank You have a blessed day
JA: Has anything been officially filed?
Customer: For the last 20 some odd year been working with the VA here at home and have contacted the Department of the Army to have my other than discharge changed to a medical dishared and everything I have done as been denied. I have sent for copies of my 201 file, You are the frist i have contacted to have this remove from my record. FYI i suffered a second strke July 1990 that put me on disability.
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: Being separted from the army since January 1986, Who is my chain of command?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I feel I have exhausted all my opions.
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 7 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 7 months ago.

I am sorry for this dilemma...but want to make sure I understand. You were able to get the characterization of your discharge changed? Is that correct?

So the only thing that is left is trying to remove the conviction?

Related Military Law Questions