P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

Just researching. I was suspended from command after 2 years

Customer Question

Just researching. I was suspended from command after 2 years and 10 months and 2 months away from finishing my deployment with my battalion. I rebutted the 15-6 findings with hard evidence and multiple letters of support, but it appeared to have no affect on my CG's decision path.
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: currently overseas.
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: I haven't spoken more than 6 words to my rater (Brigade Commander) since I was temporarily suspended nearly a month ago.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really.
Category: Military Law
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The matter was a result of a poor command climate survey, taken just 6 months after our deployment and the previous climate survey, which was predominately favorable. A 15-6 investigation was initiated and a few Soldiers, predominately within one of my staff sections (S3), turned on me and submitted statements which were exaggerated, and in some cases lies. Without warning or a chance to improve the matter, I was suspended and it know appears the CG is dead set on relieving me from command regardless of what I have to say or submit. It is like he is not even considering anything I say. I am now in the stage of submitting matters having been informed of his intent to initiate a relief for cause report. I have a military lawyer but it just seems like there is no light at the end of this tunnel. I am told I can ask to have the matter elevated (slim/no chance of getting it overturned by the next higher general), then appeal the report itself, and appeal one more time if a separation board convenes.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I know the file is ridiculously huge. I appreciate any observations you might have. Best, ***** ***** Stahlman, LTC
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 7 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Sir, I am sorry for this dilemma...but unsure of your specific question. Can you tell me, what is your specific question regarding this? Would it help to speak on the phone? I can offer that for a nominal ($5) additional charge.