Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney and former Navy JAG serving ashore, afloat and at the OJAG
19127644

I have 2 flag codes on my erb and im trying to figure out

Customer Question

I have 2 flag codes on my erb and im trying to figure out what they are. One is HA and one is BA im in the army
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: Stateside
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: They are basically trying to be sneaky because I ETS on the 26th of this month
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thats all
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for your question. Can you please tell me have you been, or are you under investigation for misconduct that you know about or have you recently received disciplinary action? What specifically has your chain of command said about your flags?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I was under investigation in mid November for a UA and i guess they're trying to chapter me out. The have not sent up any paperwork and i have only been councelled saying that they're recommending for me to be chaptered but i have been out of the loop all through this process.

Thank you for that information. The BA flag is a nontransferable flag for an Involuntary Adverse Separation action at the field level. So, that would jibe with what you are saying about the Command wanting to process you for misconduct.

The HA, is a flag signifying punishment phase of an adverse action (that one, if you have not been awarded punishment, might be incorrect).

You can see the directive that discusses flags, authority, etc., by going to the following link: http://www.armywriter.com/r600_8_2.pdf

Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed. If none is needed, then if you could let me know I answered your question and also take a moment to leave a positive rating in the ratings box above, I will receive credit for assisting you today. Thank you

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 4th. For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies, or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit(paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither.

Please keep in mind that I cannot control the law or your circumstances, and am ethically bound to provide you with accurate information based on the facts you give me even if the news is not good. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating,please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator.Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue,if needed. You can bookmark my page at: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-marsha411jd/

Thank you.