How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 14504
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am an 18 yr veteran Maj (O-4), but have back issues which

Customer Question

I am an 18 yr veteran Maj (O-4), but have back issues which may have a MED Board initiated when I am at the 18 yr four month mark. HQMC disability, separation, and retirement branch has informed me that they may put me on Perm Limited Duty to take me to twenty. What are my options?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I am aware of
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 9 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 9 months ago.

Major, I am sorry for this dilemma...but unsure of your specific question. What do you mean by "what are my options"...are you asking if you can demand they retire you now medically (presuming the MEB recommends that)?

What are you trying to accomplish?

Also, can you speak on the phone? There is a nominal ($5) additional fee and it may make this process of exchanging information easier...I will send the offer and if you accept I can provide my #

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 9 months ago.

I have to step away for an hour or so...if you want to continue I would you to respond to my question...if you do I can follow up when I return.