Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

I retired from active duty as a Master Sergeant, E7, us

Customer Question
army. I was a Master...
I retired from active duty as a Master Sergeant, E7, us army. I was a Master Sergeant for almost 15 years. My retirement orders read Master Sergeant. The Army Commendation Medal awarded me a day before retirement reads "Master Sergeant". My retired pay is correct, however,everything I get in the mail from military agencies reads "SFC". Payroll says they can do nothing, the same for Human
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: Resources, Army Retirement, and all others. How do I get my rank changed from Sergeant First Class to Master Sergeant?
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: YES
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Military Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/2/2017
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 10 months ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Master Sergeant, I am sorry for this dilemma...but I do not understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

I am a retired Master Sergeant . All letters, mailings of any kind, etc. are addressed to me as SFC. I have exhausted all efforts to have this corrected. How do I get this changed?

But letter from whom? What organization(s) are sending this to you? The US Army? Some other organization(s)?

Army finance &accounting carries me as a SFC. Army HUMAN RESOURCES carries me as a SFC. I'm NOT a SFC. I'm a MSG

Thanks
And to verify, your military records are correct (that is, if you review your military records, they show you as MSg, is that correct)? Have you checked the records to verify that they are correct?

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer