Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I had my secret clearance revoked for an Article 15 while on

Customer Question

I had my secret clearance revoked for an Article 15 while on active duty. I have sice ETS'd from the Army and was hired by KBR to work overseas. After being granted my work visa, I was told that I could not be issued a Common access Card (CAC) for an NACI clearance because of my SECRET clearance denial. What can i do to fix this?
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You will have to appeal the denial and give a good explanation of the Article 15 and why they should not count that against you in this new security clearance. Your appeal letter has to explain the situation and how it was not something that should cause you to lose the security clearance in civilian world, even though it was something the Army had to do based on their rules. The appeal needs to be submitted and you need to present evidence to show the reason for the Article 15 was insignificant or happened more than 5 years ago and you have had no further similar conduct. Here is a sheet that has links to the appeals process and addresses: http://www.dss.mil/psmo-i/ps_faqs.html
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.