Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

My husband died July 17, 2014 as a result of a fall. VV.

Customer Question
My husband died July...
My husband died July 17, 2014 as a result of a fall. VV
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: statwside military widow
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: no. im just trying to have te
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: he flag returned to me from my grandson.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Military Law
12/8/2016
Military Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your question?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I would like the American Flag that was,on my husband's casket returned. At the time I allowed my grandson to keep the flag I was under tremendous mental and physical duress. I will make sure he has it after my death and the purple heart. Need to take my husband's ashes to Arlington for burial and want the flag to accomplish him. Actually the flag belonged to my husband. I meant accompany. My mental health has deteriorated since his death and I am a victim of elder abuse financially by his mother in Wake County, NC. She has been arrested for this and case went to Grand Jury last week and was true billed. She's taken about 200 thousand dollars from my funds all federal. Out on a 75, 000.00 bond. Next court date is Jan. 9, 2017. I was placed in a Victim's Advocate Program. She left me penniless. My grandson is too young to appreciate the flag and what it means and has talked horrible to me. That flag belongs to my husband. A 100 per cent service connected Vietnam War Vet. Lost left arm and left leg. Died from a fall that lead to a deadly brain bleed. Please help me get the flag back in my procession. I want him to have it but when he's old enough to appreciate and understand how it was,earned. I have not slept all night and so grieved over this I'm not sure I can go on much longer. Need to hold it close to my heart and it should accomplish him to Arlington National Cemetery. Please help me. I hope this isn't a rip off site. Had to sell my house to avoid foreclosure only owing 16, 000. Have to be out by Jan. 2. She looted my VA widows pensions and civil service via checking account. Said she was helping me. Loved her like a daughter but she helped herself and now is charged with elder financial abuse in Superior Court of Wake County. After looting my accounts she declared bankruptcy. My grandson was even named as a creditor. I think she set up an account in her name and his took 15,000 out of my account and used it for this purpose. My heart is breaking everyday I don't have the flag. She took everything else I have to give flag back to my husband so it will go with him to Arlington. Thank you. I know I haven't made sense but under so much stress I can't sleep or barely function.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, I can't afford 59.00. Just forget it.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's all about more money. I'll try something else. DAVIS OR VFW
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Meant DAV
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm just another military widow ripped off. Do not charge me anymore please.
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer