Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

Are you saavy on military law? is there anyone here who

Are you saavy on...

Are you saavy on military law?

Lawyer's Assistant: No. I'm the lawyer's Assistant.

Is there anyone here who knows the ucmj

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed?

No I got out of active duty like 6 months ago and I had a severe panic attack and went to the ER My question is can Tricare see the lab results from the ER visit

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Will I be charged? like monetarily charged

11/18/2016
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Thank you for your question, however, I am a bit confused about your situation. On the one hand you say that you are no longer on active-duty but on the other you ask about knowledge of the UCMJ. Can you tell me why you think the UCMJ would still apply to you if you are no longer AD? What is the underlying issue here with your lab results? Was this TRICARE a part of the 6 month coverage after separation or are you retired?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I EAS'd at the end of August. I went to the ER for an anxiety attack. If I still have IRR time can the lab results obtained by the ER, not on base, be reviewed by Tricare if I send them the bill. The lab results showed THC but I am not on AD and attending college. Nor have I been called for an IRR muster. I EAS'd with an honorable discharge, no negative paperwork of any kind

Thank you for the clarification. First, let me say that you are not subject to the UCMJ unless you are on active-duty or actually drilling or on ACDUTRA when you use THC. So, even if TRICARE did receive the results of your lab tests, it would have no consequence. That said, TRICARE will not generally receive the lab results unless you release them to TRICARE. But even if they have them, they wouldn't share them with your Reserve Center unless there was some sort of investigation. But again, no exposure if not in a drilling or active-duty status.

Please let me know if you need any clarification. If none is needed, then if you could take a moment to leave a positive rating in the ratings box above, I will receive credit for assisting you today. Thank you

Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Ely, Counselor at Law
Phone call session started