Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

Stateside it's about dfas "catchup" payments for my mom, who

Customer Question
JA: Are you overseas or...
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: stateside it's about dfas "catchup" payments for my mom, who is receiving SBP (survivor benefits plan) my dad was the military guy - navy - 20 years
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: i have called dfas customer service, but the question I have now, they are not much help
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes, in summary: oh well, never mind, just go ahead please
Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: Military Law
11/18/2016
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 12 months ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Sorry...not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

hi, i am new to this "justanswer.com" process, I have requested a phone call to(###) ###-#### but I received an error message..... so I will continue here..... my question regards ***** ***** strategy for a large "windfall" payment from DFAS to my mom this year.... this is a back pay catch-up because mom was supposed to receive SBP payments monthly for the past six years........ and my cpa says the best solution to mitigate "windfall year" high tax bracket is to file the previous six years as if she had been receiving the payments..... so I am looking for some advice as to whether this is possible
if you cannot advise me about this, I'd appreciate it if you could refer me to someone who can....

There was a problem with your card or payment method. If you contact just answer at
1(###) ###-####br />They can correct. Let me know when you have done so.

Thanks!

Can we just continue here on the chat?

I will opt out and allow someone else to assist you. I wish you the best.

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer