How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 14275
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Stateside it's about dfas "catchup" payments for my mom, who

Customer Question

JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: stateside it's about dfas "catchup" payments for my mom, who is receiving SBP (survivor benefits plan) my dad was the military guy - navy - 20 years
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: i have called dfas customer service, but the question I have now, they are not much help
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes, in summary: oh well, never mind, just go ahead please
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 months ago.

Sorry...not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
hi, i am new to this "" process, I have requested a phone call to(###) ###-#### but I received an error message..... so I will continue here..... my question regards ***** ***** strategy for a large "windfall" payment from DFAS to my mom this year.... this is a back pay catch-up because mom was supposed to receive SBP payments monthly for the past six years........ and my cpa says the best solution to mitigate "windfall year" high tax bracket is to file the previous six years as if she had been receiving the payments..... so I am looking for some advice as to whether this is possible
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
if you cannot advise me about this, I'd appreciate it if you could refer me to someone who can....
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 months ago.

There was a problem with your card or payment method. If you contact just answer at
1(###) ###-####br />They can correct. Let me know when you have done so.


Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Can we just continue here on the chat?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 months ago.

I will opt out and allow someone else to assist you. I wish you the best.

Related Military Law Questions