Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

I was honorably discharged (DD FORM 256N) on 16-Aug-01. Type…

Customer Question
Hello, I was honorably discharged...
Hello, I was honorably discharged (DD FORM 256N) on 16-Aug-01. Type of Discharge and Authority: HONORABLE; MILPERSMAN 1910-104. Does this entitle me to a VA home loan?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Military Law
11/12/2016
Military Lawyer: Allen M., Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Allen M., Esq.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

Having an honorable discharge is certainly part of it, but another part is the type of service (active vs. reserve or guard).

You have to meet the minimum service requirements, which is at least 24 months or the full period of your active duty call to service (if reserve or guard) of at least 90 days.

if you were always guard or reserve, you must have had at least 6 years of service.

If you have any further questions, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a three, a four or preferably a five star rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Please rate me based on my service and not on your satisfaction with the law, which I am not in control of and I am just reporting to you. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer