Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

Do you know anything about an els for the Air Force, state

Customer Question
do you know anything about...
do you know anything about an els for the Air Force
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: state side im in texas
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: i talked to bas and they are giving ,e an els for morbid ideation anxiety and depression\ im worried about not going home. i really want to go home and be myself again. i heard the command can deny an els. would they do that for someone who has morbid ideations?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: im just looking for some information on what will actually happen
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Military Law
11/9/2016
Military Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Thank you for your post, however, I am unclear on what your situation is. On the one hand you say (I think) that you are being process for suicidal ideations with an Entry Level Separation, but on the other, you say they might not let you go. Which is it? Have you received your separation package and rights that you signed or is this a situation that it is still just a recommendation from medical or a chaplain?

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer