How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 14268
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm retired, early out 19 years, 2 months, wife with me 15

Customer Question

I'm retired , early out 19 years, 2 months, wife with me 15 years 9 months, divorce papers state says she gets $450 per month. No % just states all rights title, and interest in and up to $450.00 per month. Started July 11,1995. Now she wants to sue for all the back pay says she is suppose to receive 42% on my pay. She may also try to get her allotment pay since I paid her by check and never missed a month but her lawyer states since I did it wrong they want back pay from the beginning. I have cancelled checks maybe 10 years but others maybe a problem. What is she entitled? Can I be sued?
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 months ago.

You are asking a lot of complex questions...would you be able to speak on the phone? I will send that offer (it is a nominal additional fee)

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 months ago.

Can I take it from your non response you are no longer interested in an answer to your question?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Where is my answer? Do you need more info?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 months ago.

Yes, I need to know quite a bit more information. I sent the offer for a phone call at a nominal additional fee...if you accept we can chat on the phone. Otherwise I will opt out and perhaps someone else will assist you

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
wish for a full refund since I never got an answer and not willing to pay more. Please full refund.

Related Military Law Questions