Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

My dd214 says discharged for JFG-8. I recently received a 0%

Customer Question
compensatory disability for hypertension. I...
my dd214 says discharged for JFG-8. I recently received a 0% compensatory disability for hypertension. I can't find that code anywhere. Discharged 1978.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I live in Alaska now.
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: no, this was long ago. I'm just trying to figure why I was discharged.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was having serious emotional issues at the time post bootcamp. Folks I know said I changed after the Marines. I also tore my ACL in Bootcamp however there is only evidence I injured it, being there weren't any MRI's in those days.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Military Law
11/2/2016
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 1 year ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What is JFG-8 code for discharge?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no answer? What the heck did I just pay for?

there is no need to be rude sir.

I was pulling a reference...

Were you in the Marines?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How is a question rude?

I will opt out and allow someone else to assist you. Semper Fi

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay sounds good. Please cancel our transaction. thank you.
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer