How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 117370
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What does SRX mean on my DD-214. A recruiter said it doesn't

Customer Question

What does SRX mean on my DD-214. A recruiter said it doesn't exist. If it doesn't, what should I do?
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: I'm on the PDRL list.
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: No. Nobody explained my DD-214 to me when I was first boarded.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Last person in my chain of command before discharge was Lt Col Reese. The rest were PEBLO contacts.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Here is a list of the DD-214 codes, as you can see for yourself, the code you state is not listed anywhere and does not exist: copy and paste this into your browser to see document:, it could be bad handwriting if it was handwritten (or could be a typo from the person who typed it not being able to read the handwriting of whoever filled it out) and could likely be SFK, which is temporary or permanent disability, which would make more sense if you are PDRL.
AS it has no meaning, you need to send a request for modification or correction of your discharge to your Discharge Review Board, as they have the power to correct your discharge determinations and classifications and you need to explain that the code listed does not exist and needs to be corrected.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.