How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legalgems Your Own Question
legalgems, Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 10284
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
legalgems is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter got married to a man on July 1, 2016 just before

Customer Question

my daughter got married to a young man on July 1, 2016 just before he was stationed in Hawaii and she has been trying to get the papers that he was telling her she would need to live there with him. she has in the last week found out that he is sleeping with a young lady that lives off base has no affiliation with the army. now what do we do
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: he want give us the information because he is in Hawaii how would I get the information
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  legalgems replied 11 months ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Expert:  legalgems replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry to hear that your daughter is already having marital problems. If she is still interested in remaining in the marriage, the first step is to complete this form to get a military ID; the military spouse, as a sponsor, is the person that needs to apply for marital housing on base.

A military service member can actually be disciplined for extra marital affairs. It generally needs to affect one's military performance, as "conduct unbecoming" are not as aggressively pursued as before.

If pursued it can result in up to a year in confinement plus a dishonorable discharge, so if the innocent spouse chooses to stay married that is rarely pursued.


Post here please

No further questions?

kindly rate positively!

all information is legal

information only and

does not constitute

specific legal advice

or a particular course

of action. Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
she has ID or CAC card and she waiting on the paperwork from fort bragg and the orders to move for company commander
Expert:  legalgems replied 11 months ago.

Ok so the process has been initiated; so what is the question? Is it re: divorce due to extra marital affairs?