Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

Do you happen to know how it generally takes for the UA

Customer Question
Do you happen to know...
Do you happen to know how long it generally takes for the UA results to come back for the Marine Corps reserves? In other terms how long would it take for ones command to notify them if they failed?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Military Law
10/16/2016
Military Lawyer: Allen M., Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Allen M., Esq.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

That's really two different time frames.

Normally, depending on the volume of testing being done, it takes anywhere from 3 to 6 weeks to get the results back, with one month being about average.

However, the command doesn't have to notify the individual that failed right away. They could choose to conduct an investigation to see if they can find information about distribution before notifying someone. So, it might be a few weeks after command finds out that the soldier in turn finds out.

If you have any further questions, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a three, a four or preferably a five star rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Please rate me based on my service and not on your satisfaction with the law, which I am not in control of and I am just reporting to you. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required after the response I previously provided to you. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.

Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer