How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 14447
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Age 17 in Basic Training; After being exposed to Gas chamber

Customer Question

Age 17 in Basic Training; After being exposed to Gas chamber and other Gas, I developed breathing problems which continued the rest of the time I was in the army. Young, prideful, frustrated and depressed, I started going AWOL. During a Special Court-martial, I turned down a medical discharge in 1971 because I did not know it was a good thing and accepted a undesirable discharge instead which has been since up-graded to under honorable conditions. I continued to have breathing problems to this day. Now I am applying for a Service-connected claim and vital parts of my record are missing or incomplete. How do I prove my case?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 11 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 11 months ago.

I am a veterans services I have experience with this. But you are asking a complex question...are you able to talk on the phone? I can offer that for a nominal additional fee ($5) and it may help us get to the bottom of this. Let me know.