How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 14293
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was discharged from the military with an UOTH discharge

Customer Question

I was discharged from the military with an UOTH discharge for offenses that i didn't commit. I was later found innocent and given an upgrade for my character of service from the discharge review board. i was diagnosed with PTSD 100% from the VA weeks after going to my appointments. Is there a way to go back and change my discharge to honorable after the PTSD rating from the VA. I have a no reentry code kfs i would like to get changed. THere is a lot of info needed for this question i am assuming but i feel as though i was mistreated and discharged weeks before my ETS date resulting in crummy in employment and homelessness. i am seeking more answers thanks
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 9 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. You mention the board of corrections upgraded your discharge...but then you ask about upgrading...

Can you please explain what is going on?

Related Military Law Questions