How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Allen M., Esq. Your Own Question
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 19169
Experience:  Lawyer and current JAG officer.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
Allen M., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to get a divorce from my wife, but she's threatening

Customer Question

I want to get a divorce from my wife, but she's threatening to go to my chain of command again due to an affair I had. What are the proper steps to take with serving a divorce paper workout with her trying to ruining my career
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: Overseas Hawaii
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: Yes, but they aren't really helping much. She started the paper work for early return of dependents back in June once she went to my chain of command.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just about child support and vistation rights, I think she might try to keep my kids from me
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

There are no proper steps to do what you are trying to accomplish here. She will always legally be allowed to go to your command and, because of that, your command would always be able to take her complaints into consideration and act on them if they wish.

If you serve her with divorce papers, she can and perhaps might try to ruin your career. You simply cannot stop them by any legal method.

If you have any further questions, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a three, a four or preferably a five star rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Please rate me based on my service and not on your satisfaction with the law, which I am not in control of and I am just reporting to you. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required after the response I previously provided to you. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.

Related Military Law Questions