How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 117447
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was court martialed for possession under a general court

Customer Question

I was court martialed for possession under a general court martial and was wondering if I would be able to do something to either get my gun rights restored or find out if I still have them.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: It happened in Washington state
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: I have been out for over 6 years
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Military Law
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am afraid the only way to get the rights restored for a court martial would be to apply for a Presidential Pardon through the US Department of Justice Office of Pardon Attorney and seek a pardon with full restoration of rights. There are no other provisions in the law to restore your rights. See: